Businesses dealing with logistics and supply have to consider numerous factors such as example, driver availability, vehicle availability, weight limits, traffic conditions, dispatch times, and lots more while planning routes. The route must also be outlined in this way that there surely is a minimum retracing of the same directions. It may be not easy to consolidate all these factors and design the best route manually. Secondly, the details keep changing in real-time, so it’s nearly impossible to keep an eye on the changes and still ensure that the layout is optimized.
The simplest way to combat all these challenges and still work out a route that serves your purposes is by using a route optimization software. If you’re still convinced that manual planning is better, take a peek at these 7 reasons before you decide whether you ought to choose a route planning.
- Reduces time you spend on planning the route as the entire process is automated
- Increases the number of jobs completed on an everyday basis. As the layout is optimized, the drivers will be able to reach their destinations quickly and cover a lot more destinations
- Intelligently assigns resources – the software considers driver and vehicle availability while planning routes. So, the odds of missing a delivery because of these reasons are reduced
- Reduces delays as a result of traffic congestions. The route optimization software takes into considerations traffic at different times and regions to design the best route.
- Decreases overall costs – optimizing the way helps reduce fuel costs and vehicle maintenance costs as it reduces wear and tear of the car
- Faster response to eleventh-hour changes – the software also considers emergency or urgent situations and assigns routes when possible, minimizing delays
- Enhances productivity – The productivity of the entire logistics team and one other support teams increases significantly with the utilization of route planning software.